Royal Enfield Pros & Cons
will try to explain POSITIVE & NEGATIVE of ROYAL ENFIELD.
- False indicator/Head Light/Neutr
al blink at top gears due to improper wiring, Electrical problem doesn’t have a permanent fix .They would ask you to change the entire speedometer.
- Chain loosening for every 10,000 kms.
- Jal cut near the silencer,no amount of repair could fix this permanently, where it rises time again once you complete 500kms for your daily commute which includes the scenario where roads are rugged with few pot holes to cover under.
- Crazy vibrations at 90 to 100 .There was a major improvement when it comes to vibration where i fixed 500cc carburetor and changed the Clutchplating assembly,where i used K&N open air filters.
- Speedometer problem once you complete 29,000kms in Thunderbird(In my case the fuel indicator is always empty) and Neutral blinks at higher gears(The below image was taken in 3 gear,where the neutral is still on).
- Crazy tappet sound when engine gets heated up (Was able to make a permanent fix miraculously).
- R.E suffers with a unique condition called as shit braking syndrome where the brakes are designed rubbish, where i replaced Front and Back break shoes ,around 5 times in the matter 29,000 kms, doesn’t have a permanent fix and i once had a minor accident when trying to apply brakes.Only god knows what use does the front and back disc got to provide.Tightening the brakes would only cause problem with the hydraulic system and mechanics constantly warned me not to tighten the brakes.
- Changed the front disc due to disk bend.
- Fixed carburator slider and changed the clutch plating assembly.
- Battery problems, water seeping in .Battery leak(Very rare scenario) . Changed the battery twice.Stranded in the middle of the highway twice due to battery issue.Partially the wire kit and R.E service mechanics are to be blamed were few of the wires were clustered and found cut which indirectly affected my battery on the long ride,were i was stranded and made to replace the battery .Couldn’t find a better explanation on why the wires were cut,can’t blame the rats(poor guys).
- Not enough top end power for a 350 cc.You could reach 80 kmph with ease and you literally got to throttle the bike when it nears 100 kmph,where you could reach a maximum 115 kmph.but i would ask you to avoid and not to strain the engine.
- 13% loss in transmission power in UCE,which it is still high when compared to modern bikes.From the age old CAST IRON ->AVL->UCE .Where UCE managed to reduce the engine related issue ,where every segments is cohered as single entity which is a major improvement in .R.E.Where the former two had transmission loss upto 30%,where it was a segmented as separate entity ,which then clubbed in UCE ,(Oil filer,Chasis,…).
- I you are a hardcore rider or traveler where you would be clocking more than 350 kms one stretch.please avoid this bike,not because its uncomfortable or not a pleasure to ride but rather poor spare parts and rough cut assembly.Its a shame for hand assembling units where in general hand assembly usually ensure quality but in Royal en field its vice versa.
- If you love the thump,This is the bike to go for.
- You might enjoy riding at low RPM.
- Rock solid engine where i covered 200kms in 1 hour 50 minutes where i traveled at a constant 110 to 120 kmph(Top Speed),This was only achievable if you were to change your 350cc carbeurator with 500cc(Mikuni MiCarb ),clutch platting,K&N Airfilter. where my average speed was hundred .but recent bikes are facing major engine related issues,which includes piston.
- Better riding posture.eliminates fatigue when it comes to long ride.
- Better for city or traffic rides
If you are really excited to go for R.E ,cause it sounds like the bad boy in town and just because it has heritage,You are going to face the mechanics time and again.Ride all the bikes and choose the one which seems logical and not emotional.If you still want to go for R.E make sure you have a butt load of money for maintenance ,a good mechanic and a cool head. Get ready to patch up the poor rough cut mechanism.where R.E couldn’t drag their ass off to fix these issue in their stock bikes.I personally recommend you not to Choose R.E
Source :- Internet